Friday, March 13, 2009

I seemed to have abandoned my blog lately, preferring instead one line at a time updates on Facebook. It's a sad reality in my life when I think I chose to do a blog because I have no time to scrapbook or formally write my family and friends, and now I'm reduced to one line at a time because I have no time to blog. The pace of life is out of control. Then I had a woman (our preschool director) the other day tell me these are really the SLOWER times in my life. I suppose when my kids can wipe their own rear (okay, Owen CAN and HAS for years now), buckle their own seat belts and fix their own cereal - I'll have something else crazy to fill those minutes. Sheesh. So I'm praying that I can accept this reality we call motherhood.

A few snip-it updates from the ruffhouse....

Owen is enjoying the spurts of warm weather we are getting lately. I looked out the back door earlier this week to find him knee deep and COVERED in mud. He and Ray found what appears to be a new small pond in our backyard, and then raced back and forth through it. When Kevin undressed him on our back porch (sorry neighbors), his body was as muddy as his clothes. Straight to the bathtub, of course.

Lyla has learned to walk in the past few weeks! The doctor told us he would not worry about her not walking until 15 months - she OF COURSE learned to walk on Saturday, Feb 28 - her 15 month birthday. Of course, this only proves she IS MY daughter, as I procrastinate on everything until the last second possible (still having nightmares about all those term papers I started three days before they were due). She's GRADUATING from her second DOC Band next Friday, just in time for a trip to Kentucky to show off her newly straightened head. Woohoo! We are thrilled. I'm thinking of hosting a "Band to Bows" party to celebrate. Really, just an excuse to get everyone together and eat cookies.

Which brings me to Kevin and me (or is it I? Someone help me here). I've cut down on my cookie intake in recent months, while Kevin and I put in some spring training. Three mornings a week, we get up at 5:30 to exercise - well, honestly KEVIN does it three mornings a week. I think my average is more like two mornings a week. We've both lost five pounds, which is almost as exciting as a perfected chocolate cake to me.

We've decided to go back to our church of many years, Willowcreek, in recent months. Since Owen was born, we've not really been much of anywhere on Sundays - except WalMart - because he wasn't at all down with Promiseland (the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for Jesus). We've heard some amazing teaching in the last few months - specifically, we've been impressed by the series "enough," one dedicated to finances. Dave Ramsey (the author of "Total Money Makeover") even spoke - wow! That man is passion with capital "P" when it comes to saving money and living within your means. Kevin and are closely following a budget these days and working towards becoming debt-free. I'll write more about that later.

So many things in my mind these days. I often find myself "blogging" or "Facebook statusing" in my head (though now FB changed it to "What's on your Mind?"). I really process life aloud and with others, so I count the opportunity to share via technology a blessing (and somedays a curse) - all good can be used for bad and vice versa I suppose. Thanks so much to all who follow us and take the time to care. We love you too!

Pictures later...

1 comment:

ellieandavasmommy said...

I am not a grammar expert, but you are correct to say Kevin and me. You always look at the sentence and take out the other person. If you would use "me", you do. You wouldn't say, "That brings me to I". Hope that helps and glad to know you guys are doing well and as busy as we are!!