Thursday, July 3, 2008

He's four!

Well, it seems I blinked and my baby boy turned four. Owen has spent the last two weeks celebrating his birthday with friends and family and now the festivities will end with a firework frenzy.

As a healthy, vivacious four year old, Owen is a ball of fun to all who know him. He's never met a stranger, as he introduces himself and greets anyone who'll give him a look. For a paranoid mom, this is of course, a stranger danger nightmare. However, I am reminded that he sees the world with a pure heart - the way God intended for us to see it.

He loves his friends - the neighborhood kids making the top of the list. He adores family, with an extra sweet spot reserved for sister Lyla. At the moment, he's crazy about Scooby Doo, Caillou, Spongebob, and Spiderman. Favorite snack is a Hershey's chocolate bar, and he can drink his weight in apple juice (diluted, of course, for all you worried moms out there). His favorite "job" at school is holding the door, and he loves to practice in public - making this southern mom proud of her little gentleman. Owen also has a witty sense of humor (gets it from his dad for sure); he often asks me to order him peanuts with sesame seeds at the "MisterDonald's" drive thru. This, of course, would kill him (remember those nasty food allergies), but he thinks it's funny all the same.

Four years ago I had lots of hopes and dreams for my new little one. I can honestly say he's all I dreamed and then so much more. We are incredibly blessed that we get to be parents to such an amazing kid.

Owen Ruff - Happy Birthday! And in response to your question about driving a car now that you're big - you only have to live four times as long now (and then we'll think about it). We love you!






3 comments:

ellieandavasmommy said...

He is precious! And I am so happy for you guys that he is such a joy! Happy Birthday, Owen! Ellie still tells everyone Owen is her boyfriend. :-)

Angelica said...

We love you Owen! Happy 4th Birthday!!!!!!!! Sorry we missed your party . . . I didn't even tell Micah, he would have demanded we get on a plane and flown home from CA for the special event.

The Barbers said...

I CANNOT believe that Owen is 4!! Where oh where did the time go? I can't believe you guys have another. It has obviously been waaaay too long so I LOVE THE BLOG, thanks for the updates!!