Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Couch to 5k...

Well, it's official. I need to lose weight. After three months, I can no longer claim "I JUST had a baby." Now, it's more like I RECENTLY had a baby. So I've decided to take up exercising on our treadmill - the one that's doubled as a second closet bar for a couple of years now. I found this program online called "Couch to 5k" that's meant to get a person slowly acclimated to running. I've just completed the first week - all three days of it. To celebrate, I'm baking a Paula Deen Bag Lady chocolate pound cake. hehehe. Sad, but true.

2 comments:

ellieandavasmommy said...

I actually just heard of that and had wondered if it was any good, but I don't have a treadmill. Jeff is considering employment at the local YMCA, so we'll get family memberships with that. I had joined curves, but was so frustrated with their hours. Closed 1-3 and after 7pm, and those are the more convenient times for me. Plus the Y has child care. Anyway, hope your cake was good!! :_)

Karin said...

I can relate in so many ways and Eric is 8 1/2 months old! I keep thinking about getting serious about those last few pounds. I keep telling myself (usually while I am eating ice cream on the couch) how much easier it will be when the weather is nicer. Old habits die hard!